Languages and services
The Multimedia Language Centre has a patrimony of over 8.000 multi-media titles in German, Italian, Ladin, English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Arab, Russian, Chinese, etc. These resources are available for loan or consultation at the Centre, thanks to PC stations with access to specific selections of internet sites (podcasts and links for language learning), television rooms with DVD readers and satellite channel reception, iPod and iPad.
The specialised multimedia centre is divided into different areas:
• the language islands with didactic material for self-learning; courses on cd-rom, dvd-rom, iPOD and iPAD, material for the preparation of language certificates and bilingualism exams, audio books, comics and films in the original language;
• the multimedia stations, for the consultation of the various medias;
• kids corner, dedicated to smaller children, with material for reading, audio books, songs, animated cartoons, videogames and acitivies on cd-rom;
• the reading lounge, with over 30 national and international daily newspapers and periodicals and a selection of comics;
• Cinema, for the presentation of original language films with subtitles.
To facilitate the choice of material and identify a path of self-learning, there is a free personal language consultancy service for the different languages.
Language advisers offer a specific consultancy for certificate exams providing valid advice and practical indications. The Office for Bilingualism and Foreign Languages organizes the exams DELF Scolaire certificates for students and DELF/DALF certificates for adults, together with Alliance Française.
Language at the cinema: On Thursday evenings, from Autumn to Spring, original language films with subtitles are shown, at Meran's Centro per la Cultura.
The films are presented by a mother tongue tutor, who also moderates the final debate, when participants are invited to discuss both the content and the language of the film.
Language café: This is the perfect opportunity to enjoy a pleasant, informal conversation with native speakers in Deutsch, English, español, français, and italiano. The language Café takes place at the Multimedia Language Centre twice a month on a Monday evening.
Kids corner: activities for children in English and German.
Conversation club: conversation in English and German with a qualified tutor in a relaxed atmosphere twice a month, on Thursday at lunchtime.
Here you will find the Mission, the User requirements of the Multimedia Language Centre and the registration form that you can print, fill in and deliver to the Centre or send by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 0473 252265 attaching a copy of the identity document.
- Registration form for adults
- Registration form for minors
- Regulation No. 2016/679 on the protection of personal data