Languages and services
The Multilingual Centre has a collection of over 19,000 hard copy and multimedia titles in German, Italian, Ladin, English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Russian, Chinese, etc. The resources are available on loan or consultation at the centre, thanks to PC stations with access to specific internet sites (podcast and links for language learning), TV rooms, DVD readers and satellite channel reception, as well as iPod listening booths.
At the Multilingual Centre, resources are divided up into various areas, on two floors:
- Language sections (Deutsch - italiano - ladin - English - français - español - português - عربي - русский язык –汉语) with educational material for autonomous learning: language courses and workbooks; graded readers and exercises for reading, listening, speaking and writing skills; grammar books and dictionaries; comics, magazines, literary texts and audio books; language resources for specific purposes; material for teaching or learning the Italian language for migrants. Nintendo consoles can also be rented out with language games and iPods using podcasts divided up by language and level.
- The language sections contain up-to-date material for language certificate preparation. The Office for Bilingualism and Foreign Languages organizes the DELF Scolaire certificate exam for students and DELF/DALF certificate exam for adults together with Alliance Française Verona.
- Kids' corner, is a colourful space focusing on small children containing books, animated cartoons, audio books, songs and many different languages to play with!
- The language counselling and self-learning (column room) space, where a language tutor will help you to understand autonomous language learning, while taking into consideration your strengths and specific goals (listen to or download the podcast).
- A specialist section focusing on multilingualism, autonomous learning, language counselling, early learning of other languages and learning in adulthood age. This section also includes a collection of degree and doctoral theses on multilingualism.
- A linguistic exchange and Linguistic Volunteering space.
Between Multilingual Centre Bolzano and Multimedia Language Centre Merano there is a regular interlibrary loan service enabling users to borrow materials from both locations. An interlibrary loan service from other local and national libraries is also active. Download the rules here (text available in German).
This is the place to consult our mission statement, the Multilingual Centre user requirements and a registration form to print out, fill in and deliver to the Centre or send by e-mail email@example.com or fax 0471 303406 attaching a copy of an ID card.