Languages and services
The Multimedia Language Centre has a collection of over 9.000 multi-media titles in German, Italian, Ladin, English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Arab, Russian, Chinese, etc. These resources are available for loan or consultation at the Centre, thanks to PC stations with access to specific selections of internet sites (podcasts and links for language learning), TV rooms with DVD readers and satellite channel reception, iPods and iPads.
The specialised multimedia centre is divided into various areas:
• language islands containing educational material for self-learning courses on CD-rom, DVD-rom, iPOD and iPAD, material for language certificate and bilingualism exam preparation and original language audio books, comics and films;
• multimedia stations for consultation of the various medias;
• kids' corner for small children, containing reading material, audio books, songs, animated cartoons, videogames and activities on CD-rom;
• the reading lounge, with over 30 national and international newspapers and periodicals and a selection of comics;
• a cinema showing original language films with subtitles.
To facilitate material selection and self-learning trajectory identification, a free personal language consultancy service is available for the various languages.
Language advisers offer specific consultancy for certificate exams, providing valid advice and practical guidelines. The Office for Bilingualism and Foreign Languages organises the DELF Scolaire certificate exams for students and DELF/DALF certificate exams for adults, together with Alliance Française.
Language at the cinema: on Thursday evenings, from autumn to spring, original language films with subtitles are shown at Merano's Centro per la Cultura.
The films are presented by a mother tongue tutor who also moderates a final debate, at which participants are invited to discuss both the film's content and its language.
Language café: this is a perfect opportunity to enjoy a pleasant, informal conversation with native speakers in Deutsch, English, español, français, and italiano. The language Café takes place at the Multimedia Language Centre twice a month on Monday evening.
Kids' corner: activities for children in English and German.
Conversation club: conversation in German with a qualified tutor in a relaxed atmosphere.
The Multimedia Language Centre's mission statement, user requirements and a registration form that you can print out, fill in and deliver to the Centre or e-mail to email@example.com attaching a copy your ID card are to be found here.
- Registration form for adults
- Registration form for minors
- Regulation No. 2016/679 on the protection of personal data